By Michael Rozum, Advisor at acumen
Recent statistics show that on average, someone will change jobs 12 times in their lifetime, with 5-7 of those being career changes. At first those numbers seemed staggering to me but when you think about the evolution of the workplace and promotions someone might earn throughout their career, the numbers start to seem a bit more reasonable. Perhaps you’ve had some memorable experiences in your career when you were being interviewed for a position. If you are anything like me in those situations, there is a great deal of preparation when you are the job candidate. It comes with a lot of nerves because you want to be prepared in hopes that you can make a great first impression with your potential new employer.
The amount of preparation is no different on the employer side as well. Hiring an employee can be a daunting task for HR Managers or owners of an organization. Ideally, turnover is low and this process doesn’t need to occur frequently (though a fast-growing company will often be interviewing new talent). As a result, the hiring process can be extremely inefficient as managers are continuously reinventing the wheel or customizing the process for each role within the organization.
In an effort to streamline this process for our clients, Acumen provides a number of resources for business owners and HR Managers. Through our Wisdom Network, clients have direct access to:
- Custom Job Description Builder – Access a comprehensive library of job descriptions to help attract and hire the best candidates.
- Sample Job Description – Samples that can help when reviewing an employee’s performance or to assist in recruiting the best candidates.
- Phone Interview Question Builder – Create a customized set of phone interview questions to help narrow the pool of job applicants.
- In-person Interview Question Builder – Build a series of questions to help learn more about a candidate during an in-person interview.
- Salary Benchmarking – Generate a compensation report with annual or hourly compensation rates in every state for over 800 positions.
- Employee Cost Calculator – Add up all of the overlooked and hidden expenses that contribute to the true cost of hiring a new employee.
For more information, please contact acumen today!